Establishment Officer Series 21
As files are the vital operational line it is of the GREATEST IMPORTANCE that ALL FILING IS ACCURATE.
A misfiled particle can be lost forever.
A missing item can throw out a whole evaluation or a sale.
Items get misfiled for four reasons:
1. Ignorance of the alphabet
2. Ignorance of geography
3. Ignorance of the vital role of the files
4. Personal out-ethics
The remedies therefore are:
1. ALL FILES PERSONNEL
a. MUST BE ABLE TO RATTLE OFF THE ALPHABET FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS.
b. They must be drilled then to be able to give the letter ahead of and behind each letter in the alphabet.
2. GEOGRAPHY must be known to files personnel, particularly the locations of orgs, cities, states and continents. This is done by drilling them on a map that has key locations related to files.
3. Method 6 W/Cing should be done on words connected with the post and action of filing. Then the value and purpose of the files they handle should be done by them.
4. Persons with out-ethics or on an ethics cycle should not be given filing as an amends as they are not drilled and are out of PT to say the least.
Anyone finding a misfiled particle should report it to the Ethics Officer or Master-at-Arms.
He must then quickly make every effort to locate who is misfiling and take rapid action.
The first action is to hat them as above.
Any repeat is an ethics offense handled by a court. If the E/O cannot find the person or does not act, he himself must comb all files and straighten up the particles.
It is of vital interest both in ease of work and financially that all files are straight.
L. RON HUBBARD