HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
REVISED 25 OCTOBER 1983
URGENT AND IMPORTANT
Keeping Scientology Working Series 5R
(This PL and HCO PL 7 Feb. 65 must be made part of every study pack as
the first items and must be listed on checksheets.)
Any checksheet in use or in stock which carries on it any degrading statement must be destroyed and issued without qualifying statements.
Example: Level 0 to IV checksheets SH carry “A. Background Material—This section is included as an historical background but has mucb interest and value to the student. Most of the processes are no longer used, having been replaced by more modern technology. The student is only required to read this material and ensure he leaves no misunderstood.” This heading covers such vital things as TRs, Op Pro by Dup! The statement is a falsehood.
These checksheets were not approved by myself; all the material of the Academy and SH courses IS in use.
Such actions as this gave us “quickie grades,” ARC broke the field and downgraded the Academy and SH courses.
A condition of TREASON or cancellation of certificates or dismissal and a full investigation of the background of any person found guilty will be activated in the case of anyone committing the following HIGH CRIMES:
1. Abbreviating an official course in Dianetics and Scientology so as to lose the full theory, processes and effectiveness of the subjects.
2. Adding comments to checksheets or instructions labeling any material “background” or “not used now” or “old” or any similar action which will result in the student not knowing, using and applying the data in which he is being trained.
3. Employing after 1 Sept. 1970 any checksheet for any course not authorized by myself or the Authority, Verification and Correction Unit International (AVC Int).
(Hat checksheets may be authorized locally per HCO PL 30 Sept. 70, CHECKSHEET FORMAT.)
4. Failing to strike from any checksheet remaining in use meanwhile any such comments as “historical,” “background,” “not used,” “old,” etc., or VERBALLY STATING IT TO STUDENTS.
5. Permitting a pc to attest to more than one grade at a time on the pc’s own determinism without hint or evaluation.
6. Running only one process for a lower grade between 0 to IV, where the grade EP has not been attained.
7. Failing to use all processes for a level where the EP has not been attained.
8. Boasting as to speed of delivery in a session, such as “I put in Grade Zero in 3 minutes.” Etc.
9. Shortening time of application of auditing for financial or labor-saving considerations.
10. Acting in any way calculated to lose the technology of Dianetics and Scientology to use or impede its use or shorten its materials or its application.
REASON: The effort to get students through courses and get pcs processed in orgs was considered best handled by reducing materials or deleting processes from grades. The pressure exerted to speed up student completions and auditing completions was mistakenly answered by just not delivering.
The correct way to speed up a student’s progress is by using two-way comm and applying the study materials to students.
The best way to really handle pcs is to ensure they make each level fully before going on to the next and repairing them when they do not.
The puzzle of the decline of the entire Scientology network in the late 60s is entirely answered by the actions taken to shorten time in study and in processing by deleting materials and actions.
Reinstituting full use and delivery of Dianetics and Scientology is the answer to any recovery.
The product of an org is well-taught students and thoroughly audited pcs. When the product vanishes, so does the org. The orgs must survive for the sake of this planet.
L. Ron Hubbard
- Document studied on the How to Confront and Shatter Suppression PTS/SP Course. (2001 ed.) ↩
- Document studied on DSA Investigations Officer Full Hat (Section A, #3.) ↩
- Document studied on the Hubbard Senior Security Checker Course. ↩
- Document studied on the Hubbard False Purpose Rundown Auditor Course. ↩