OFFICE OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS
17 February 1988
OSA Network Order No. 451
HOW INTELLIGENCE IS RUN
(Taken from an LRH despatch of 26 May 1968.)
Here is the way Intelligence is run:
1. Intelligence staff become aware of a possible source of antagonism.
2. They clip, gather and cross-index file all the data they get on this source of antagonism, being careful to open and establish files for every individual connected and every organization connected.
3. Then they look over the files and select the biggest one.
4. Then they take a look at who they have or what organization they have. If they have an organization they look for who.
5. Now they investigate the person like mad.
This was done with the people who were giving us trouble—Intelligence found the National Mental Health Association and a lead line off into banking and into the Air Force. They haven’t looked at who in banking or at who in the Air Force. They may find further cross-connections and come up with ONE PERSON.
This is what should be happening.
L. RON HUBBARD
- This material studied on the Department of Special Affairs Investigations Officer Full Hat Checksheet. PDF format. ↩