Establishment Officer Series 21
As files are the vital operational line it is of the GREATEST IMPORTANCE that ALL FILING IS ACCURATE.
A misfiled particle can be lost forever.
A missing item can throw out a whole evaluation or a sale.
Items get misfiled for four reasons:
1. Ignorance of the alphabet
2. Ignorance of geography
3. Ignorance of the vital role of the files
4. Personal out-ethics
The remedies therefore are:
1. ALL FILES PERSONNEL
a. MUST BE ABLE TO RATTLE OFF THE ALPHABET FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS.
b. They must be drilled then to be able to give the letter ahead of and behind each letter in the alphabet.
2. GEOGRAPHY must be known to files personnel, particularly the locations of orgs, cities, states and continents. This is done by drilling them on a map that has key locations related to files.
3. Method 6 W/Cing should be done on words connected with the post and action of filing. Then the value and purpose of the files they handle should be done by them.
4. Persons with out-ethics or on an ethics cycle should not be given filing as an amends as they are not drilled and are out of PT to say the least.
Anyone finding a misfiled particle should report it to the Ethics Officer or Master-at-Arms.
He must then quickly make every effort to locate who is misfiling and take rapid action.
The first action is to hat them as above.
Any repeat is an ethics offense handled by a court. If the E/O cannot find the person or does not act, he himself must comb all files and straighten up the particles.
It is of vital interest both in ease of work and financially that all files are straight.
L. RON HUBBARD
HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
An Intelligence Officer gives summaries. Never estimates of the situation.
Intelligence should give facts and reports. DATA is what is needed. Example “All info concerning Joe Jones has been turned over to prosecution for action”.. “Our investigation on Tom Smith has revealed that he is a communist and was arrested 5 times for various crimes…we are taking further action” etc..etc.. etc. “That and that alone is what is needed, not alarming reports such as how bad it all is in Willabaloo. This is an effort to give an estimate of situation and is enturbulative.
Suppression occurs when generalities are entered into reports. Evaluations are generalities.Forwarding of false information is a very high crime.Failure to forward information is an equally high crime.
An Intelligence Officer collects data files by name and area, writes summaries and forwards the data to the correct terminal. This person should never at any time consider themselves capable of giving an estimate of the situation. This is done by the head of the division.
The standard actions of intelligence are:
1. Predict the trouble before it occurs by filing, cross indexing, investigation of areas, statistics and other means.
2. Investigate for crimes, the individuals who are creating trouble.
This is standard. 1 2 3 action and should not be deviated from. The maxim is…”when under attack…attack”. The point is…even if you don‘t have enough data to win the case…still attack… LOUDLY. Reason is, it is only those people that have crimes that will attack us, and they will soon back off for fear of being found out when attacked back.
Filing is a very important action in Intelligence. You file by name and area. If you get a report that has 10 names on it…10 copies are made and a copy placed in each file. Areas can be kept by country, state, town etc., depending how large an intelligence unit you are handling.
Intelligence requires a very critical eye. No evaluation, generalities or estimates. Just data, summaries and specifics.
L. RON HUBBARD
Adopted as Official Church Policy
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
Copyright (c) 1968 L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.