EXECUTIVE DIRECTIVE FROM L. RON HUBBARD
LRH ED 51 INT
Date 24 November 19681
I do not like to see organizations or franchises unstabilized by too much personnel transfer. The HCO Pol Ltr of 2 July 1968, ETHICS ORG SUPPRESSION OF, means what it says. Orgs became unmocked with too many transfers.
Also I don’t like to see cross ordering of conditions.
A Divisional Secretary should be the only one to assign conditions to that division and only the Exec Sec of those Divisions should assign conditions to Divisional Secretaries.
By cross ordering I mean the Sec of one division assigning conditions to people in another, etc. Conditions should be by chain of command.
We are heading in for the long pull now. We have located and are directly attacking the only enemy we had on the planet, the “World” Federation of Mental Health and its “National” chapters. The “World” Federation is NOT part of the UN although it pretended so. The “National” chapters of it are not part of national governments although they want people to think so – the crooks. Red as paint and phoney as any Confidence game, this was the group who were attacking us for 18 years. Well, we’re counter attacking. And they suddenly aren’t winning. While this fight may go on for some time, it’s the beginning of the end for them.
Their attacks, sending lies to the press etc, were having the effect of dulling our hard work and causing dissem to be blunted.
Also, the effect was to make us have to be far more alert and work far harder.
Also, this pressure on our orgs tended to enturbulate them internally. We couldn’t see the enemy so we occasionally attacked each other.
Well, we know the enemy. He’s the local “National” chapter in your org’s country.
We don’t have to be enturbulated any more. We will fight him as routine. We are settling down for the long pull. He, the enemy, had control of mental healing on the planet – and killed and raped and had a ball. Well, we’re taking that control away from him and we’re going to clean the field up.
We’re going to take over the mental hospitals and the political guidance and the whole field of mental healing. It may take us years, but we’ve got years. We’ve got the tech. We’ve got the admin.
The battle may ebb and flow. We may lose here and there. We will undoubtedly win in the long run.
All we have to do is do our jobs well, hold our posts steady, stop musical chairs, stop chopping each other up and extend our sphere of control in the field of mental practice.
So stabilize your org, get the job done. We’re the “cowboys in the white hats”. They’re the “cowboys in the black hats”. We’re the good guys in this drama.
We have the know how. They can only kill patients. And do.
So it should not be too hard.
The trick is simply to stabilize our orgs and do our jobs and reduce all internal enturbulence. If anyone wants to enturbulate anyone, the enemy is in plain sight. It isn’t us or our fellow org members. So let’s get set for the long pull, shall we. It is our planet after all.
L. RON HUBBARD
SECRETARIAL EXECUTIVE DIRECIVE
OFFICE OF LRH
9 February 19661
SECED 45 WW & 301 SH
Exec Secretaries and Secretaries and Legal Officer
ENQUIRY RUMOUR UK
1. The “news” that some Lord is “going to ask a question in the House as to why the Health Minister here does not conduct an Enquiry into Scientology like in Melbourne” as published in the “News off the World” when we are suing gives us this planning.
2. First, it isn’t anything to worry about.
3. Melbourne went awry because it was in non-compliance. Hemery gave the Melbourne Office permission to agree to an Enquiry. I okayed this: That we agree into an Enquiry into all mental health services and activities. This was the order. Hemery or Williams narrowed it to Scientology only.
4. Obviously we could have had a ball and put psychiatry on trial for murder, mercy killing, sterilization, torture, and sex practices and could have wiped out psychiatry’s good name.
5. That went wrong and Melbourne wouldn’t follow any other order either. So it was a mess.
6. If we are ever so involved again we demand one on all mental healing activities including psychiatry and demand it loudly. And lead them up the path to slaughter.
7. Planning would be If any more is heard of this:
(1) Mary Sue will write a letter for the Chaplain to all members of Parliament and have it photolithed and if it hots up mail it to all members of Parliament.
(2) Get a detective on that lord’s past to unearth the tid-bits. They’re there.
(3) Stress sex and blood in psychiatry and collect data and mount an all out attack in the press on psychiatry, so that “Mental Health” sees that they are going to get hurt and will cool off.
(4) If an Enquiry after all occurs and we are pulled in, we try only Melbourne’s illegalities all over again (not their transcript) and try psychiatry only. We refuse to discuss or describe Scientology. As near as we come is “Well Scientology isn’t like psychiatry. In psychiatry they think adultery is a cure for …….. .” You get it. Curve every answer with answers that MAKE LURID PRESS TO PSYCHIATRY’S COST. Papers by policy only want blood and sex — so give them Psychiatry’s and they’ll print it.
(5) Refuse to let the enemy introduce Melbourne transcripts as suits are in progress — “sub-judice”. Use only Melbourne illegalities.
8. Remember these things — we won against the FDA. We are winning on US tax. We have caught the ball on UK tax. Part of our trouble is that we’re an up statistic and governments are SP and strike at all rising statistics. (See Income Tax scales of tax; as your wage rises the penalty percentage rises.)
9. The Melbourne staff set up a nice new org in Adelaide and other states in Australia are revolted at Victoria.
10. The US is clean operating ground.
11. And England’s Parliament is not about to pass or even introduce a law barring religion or philosophy. After all these aren’t ex-convicts.
12. These flurries can be expected. Plan for them and handle.
13. This is nothing compared to what will happen when we start taking SP out of the government! They are rightly afraid.
14. So don’t you be. Tomorrow belongs to us. Inevitably there are bumps in the road.
L. RON HUBBARD